Let’s see, what have I been doing the past two and a half weeks???? I can only begin to recall the many zillion things by writing a list, so here goes….
1. Baked and decorated a Dora the Explorer cupcake cake. (I promise some day when I’m saner and I know this day may never come,I will post pictures. It’s a Dora the Explorer pumpkin patch complete with cornstalks and fences and pumpkins! A-DORA-ble…seriously!)
2. I completed my first round of grad school classes…completed one project, one presentation and two comprehensive finals over two days (yes, my mind hurts just thinking about it).
3. Spent my first Halloween with BVB. We passed out candy to the little trick-or-treaters and although the weather was pretty rainy and cold, we had a pretty good turn out! (I only have about 40 bags of pretzels left. Do you think I can just save them for next year? I kid.)
4. Celebrated fall at BVB’s cousins’ farm in O-H-I-O! Complete with hot tubs, hay rides, bon fires and moonshine (dangerous, I know. But it just tastes oh soooo good!)
5. Watched my little brother, Cody, play his last football game as a Golden Eagle. He cried, we all cried. (This is not headline news…we’re a family of criers.) I was so very proud of him though…he’s become a remarkable football player and young man.
6. Created a Gumball Machine pumpkin and won “Most Elaborate Pumpkin” at our office Halloween party. (I know it’s hard to visualize but I promise there will be pictures posted soon. My words just cannot do it justice, but I’ll try anyways—just image a giant pumpkin with assorted colored gumballs painted all over it resting on an upside down flower pot that was painted red to resemble the gumball base. See, you’re lost already. Like I said, I suck with words.)
7. Attended the “Best Places to Work” luncheon and am proud to report that Lamar Advertising was voted THE BEST PLACE TO WORK IN PITTSBURGH in the Medium size category. Way to go team!
8. Oh, and we had an early Thanksgiving this year at my parents house. Gary is off to LA sometime within the next week (he’s really picking up and moving and I’m glad because now I have a reason to go visit him and the sunshine-y warm weather! ) and of course we had to arrange to have Thanksgiving three weeks early so we could all be together. I heart my family.
Alright, I’m exhausted just thinking about it all. And mostly sorry I have not done a better job posting about all these wild and crazy adventures. I promise I will catch up over the next few days.
Promise. Pinky Swear…..with a kiss. (But not really, I only kiss my husband because he loves me and cleans up the apartment when I’m at school. If you want to clean for me, I might consider kissing you too. Just kidding….kind of. )